The library collection contains a large variety of material on meteorology, climatology and related sciences.
Our collection includes:
- A comprehensive selection of meteorological related journals, books and scientific papers from general interest to academic texts both in hard copy and online when you visit us on-site.
- Conference proceedings, reports and documents from international meteorological organisations.
- A complete set of Daily Weather Summaries detailing the weather for every day from July 1869 to the Dec 2014 in hard copy and online from Sep 1860 to present.
- A broad selection historical weather observations in weekly, monthly and annual summaries both in hard copy and in our Digital Library & Archive.
- A collection of photographs and slides depicting many aspects of meteorology and the Met Office. Many of the images are available via our online catalogue.
- A display of historic instruments.
- An online catalogue where you search for items in our collection.
- A Digital Library & Archive where you can view and download our digital content.