Our bespoke weather services to the water industry address changes in demand, impacts on water quality in the purification process and bursts on distribution.
Why use our services for clean water?
- More efficient use of resources
- Quantified understanding of how weather impacts the business, permitting the explanation of anomalies
- Understand changing frequencies of extreme weather events that impact the business
- Taking decisions that allow for the vagaries of the weather
- More confident explanation of business metrics to customers and regulators.
Our services at a glance...
It includes: how much demand contingency should be allowed for in resource management; understanding the impact of droughts on water resources; the impact of proposed metering and leakage initiatives.
Tactical short-term services include: managing peaks in demand; protecting infrastructure vulnerable to weather; planning weather dependent activity several weeks ahead.
We report on recent challenges and seasonal or annual characteristics in water use or quality. We can also look at areas such as frequency of disruptive weather events at specific locations, impact on the demand of hosepipe bans, explanation about any increases in winter leakage, and quantifying dry year uplift.