Scottish Flood Forecasting Service
The Met Office and Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) are working in partnership to predict the timing and likelihood of flooding for Category 1 or 2 responders in Scotland.
With support from the Scottish Government the Scottish Flood Forecasting Service (SFFS) brings together SEPA's expertise in flood warnings and Met Office expertise in weather forecasting, so that Scotland can receive accurate flood forecasts, allowing key responders time to prepare an appropriate response.
- Provides better, earlier and more targeted flood forecasts.
- Aids informed and effective decision-making.
- Removes the need to interpret information from multiple sources.
- Combines expertise in flooding and weather.
- Helps protect lives and property in Scotland.
How it works
Staff in the Met Office's operations centre in Aberdeen and SEPA's Flood Forecasting Team based in Perth will work in partnership to produce daily flood guidance statements on the likelihood and risk of flooding.
To receive a daily flood guidance statement you must be a Category 1 or 2 responder. Please email email@example.com
You can also access it via the Met Office's Hazard Manager service
Find out more and download the Scottish Flood Forecasting Service brochure