Weather Analytics for Business Insights
A weather analytics report is a cost-effective way to identify which aspects of the weather impact your business performance, so you can take action
Companies produce huge amounts of data to measure performance, forecast sales and anticipate demand.
Some aspects of the weather (like temperature, humidity or hours of sunshine) naturally affect consumer behaviour and production processes, so it is crucial to integrate accurate weather data with business forecasts. Otherwise, the impact on revenue could be significant.
Improve your business forecasting with Weather Analytics for Business Insights (WABI)
By analysing your business data against site-specific weather data, we can help make your business forecasting more accurate.
WABI is an affordable and scientific approach that confirms if the weather has impacted a specific business outcome like sales, footfall or demand. We’ll produce an easy-to-understand, two-page report:
- Clearly establishing if there is a positive or negative relationship between the weather and a specific business outcome i.e. Is low temperature negatively affecting demand or sales?
- Estimating specific business outcomes in relation to weather variability i.e. a 1°C increase or decrease in temperature is expected to lead to an increase/decrease of x in sales, footfall or demand.
- Indicating if further analysis might be required to support forecasting, planning and reporting. For example:
- a Weather Sensitivity Analysis could be carried out to measure the impact of weather on specific business parameters, based on historical data.
- a predictive operational tool like a Weather Intelligence Model could be developed to forecast the behaviour of specific commodities and business outputs in relation to the weather.
- assessing the impact of climate change on your business by using the latest UK Climate Projections (UKCP18)
How to request a weather analytics report
- Check you have enough available data for our analysis.
- Complete the order form and email it to us. We will email you a contract, which confirms the price and includes our Terms and Conditions.
- Please email us back:
- your signed contract
- the data you want analysed in csv format following the formatting guide.
- If your data is suitable for analysis, we will take payment before commencing the analysis. You can pay over the phone or upon receiving an invoice
- We’ll email you the report as a two-page pdf document detailing our results and follow up with a phone call a few days later.
Between £500- £1,500 per report, depending on the time and expertise required.