Offshore Meteorological Observing Refresher
This online course aims to refresh and update the knowledge of observing staff in how to make accurate weather reports for offshore helicopter operations.
In the 6th Edition of CAP 437 Offshore Helicopter Landing Areas - Guidance on Standards, the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) recommends that personnel who carry out meteorological observations on offshore installations undergo formal meteorological observer training and are certificated by an approved training organisation for this role. Observers should complete refresher training every two years to ensure they remain familiar with any changes to meteorological observing practices and procedures.
Aim: To refresh and update the knowledge of observing staff in how to make accurate weather reports for offshore helicopter operations.
Note: The online refresher training provides an update to the two-day Offshore Meteorological Observing course and should be completed successfully every two years to update your certificate.
Course length: Approximately 2 hours.
Price: £236 per person (VAT exempt)
Delivery: This course consists of an online refresher module and a two part assessment.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- confirm that you can accurately identify cloud types, heights and amounts and report them correctly to maintain the safety of offshore helicopter operations;
- remember the procedures for assessing visibility and identifying weather phenomena;
- refresh your knowledge of the correct practices for reporting wind, temperature and pressure;
- update your knowledge with any changes to meteorological observing practices and procedures;
- verify that you have maintained the required standard of Offshore Met Observers as laid down by the CAA in CAP437.
How to book
See our calendar to find out when the next available courses are scheduled.
For information about training at a location of your choice or book a space on the course, please email email@example.com.