Contact the Press Office
Get quotes, interviews and a full range of other services for the media.
You can contact our Press Office for:
- Detailed weather and climate information
- Interviews with our weather and climate experts
- Filming and photo opportunities
- Live and pre-recorded broadcast interviews from our Exeter office.
For the latest national and regional forecast information, please visit our UK weather hub.
Accessing Met Office information
- For the latest written national and regional forecast information, visit our UK weather hub
- Use the weather map for additional information, such as wind gusts, temperature and rainfall
- Watch the latest presented forecast on YouTube
- If you're a journalist or media provider, email [email protected] for access to our free daily syndication email, packed full of multimedia content for use online and in print. See Licence Terms for Syndicated Email Content
Past weather and climate data
Historical weather and climate information is publicly accessible on our website, including:
- UK weather records
- UK monthly weather summaries
- Monthly, seasonal and annual weather figures for the UK and its regions
- UK climate summaries, maps and data.
Press releases and blogs
For additional insight and background on weather and climate news, view the Met Office News Blog.
Members of the media can email: [email protected], during normal office hours, or call us on 0330 135 0005*. Out-of-hours an operator will contact the on-duty press officer.
- We will only respond to emails from journalists*
- We will not respond to abusive contacts.
*If your call is not a media enquiry you should contact our Customer Centre on 0370 900 0100.
Jo McLellan, Head of Media & Campaigns
Nicky Maxey, Senior Press Officer
Grahame Madge, Senior Press Officer
Oli Claydon, Press Officer
Stephen Dixon, Press Officer
Met Office on the web
You can find the latest videos about the Met Office on YouTube.
For additional insight and background information on weather and climate news, view the Met Office News blog.