Tim's research encompasses estimating fluxes of greenhouse and stratospheric ozone depleting gases using the Met Office's Lagrangian dispersion model NAME (Numerical Atmospheric-dispersion Modelling Environment)
Areas of expertise
- Measurement of greenhouse gases from ambient air
- Estimating long-term trends, growth rates and seasonal cycles of greenhouse and stratospheric ozone-depleting gases
- Estimating emissions to the atmosphere through inversion modelling
Using high quality observations from around the UK, Europe and the globe to:
- Estimate the long-term trends of greenhouse and stratospheric ozone-depleting gases.
- Estimate emissions at high spatial resolution from high frequency data sets of observations from UK, European and beyond.
2001-2005 MSc (Natural sciences, University of Cambridge)
2005-2009 PhD (Earth sciences, Imperial College London)
2009-2014 Post-doctoral Scholar (University of California, San Diego)
2014 Assistant Project Scientist (University of California, San Diego)