Aeronautical Meteorological Observing Focal Point
This course provides advice and guidance on airport meteorology competency checks.
Aim: To provide airport meteorology focal points with advice and guidance with regards to carrying out airport meteorology competency checks. (Delegates should have already completed the two-day Aeronautical Meteorological Observing Refresher course).
Course length: One day
Price: £189 per person (VAT exempt)
Price: for AMO Refresher and Focal Point: £1,122 per person (VAT exempt)
Location: Courses are held in the excellent Met Office College facilities at our Exeter headquarters or at a location of your choice.
"Very positive feedback from last week's Met Refresher/Focal Point course - all good stuff!"
– John MacCaskill, FISO/MET Advisor, Highlands
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- understand the regulatory requirements laid out by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), the meteorology authority;
- identify different ways and methods of complying with CAA regulations;
- implement a competency checking programme for observing staff;
- appreciate the Met Office's role in providing aviation forecasting services, including our various aviation products.
How to book
See our calendar to find out when the next available courses are scheduled.
For information about training at a location of your choice or book a space on the course, please email email@example.com.