Regulated observer training
We are authorised by the Civil Aviation Authority to train all airfield observers. Select and book your course now.
Met Office aviation training meets International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) requirements. Courses are focused and intense, so staff are not removed from their operational duties for longer than necessary.
Training is available specifically for meteorological observers working in air traffic control or offshore helicopter operations, with a variety of courses available to meet the specific requirements of these varied environments:
- Aeronautical Meteorological Observing
- Aeronautical Meteorological Observing Refresher
- Restricted Aeronautical Meteorological Observing
- Aeronautical Meteorological Observing Focal Point
- Offshore Meteorological Observing
- Offshore Meteorological Observing Refresher
We also provide training for aviation meteorology.
How to book
See our calendar to find out when the next available courses are scheduled.
For information about training at a location of your choice or book a course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.