In-person work experience opportunities at the Met Office
In-person work experience placements for 14 - 18 year olds are available to young people who have completed the Met Office’s online work experience programme, Forecasting Your Future.
Listed at the bottom of this page are the work experience placements currently available across the Met Office. If you are interested in applying for work experience, you may like to bookmark this page and check in regularly, as new opportunities may become available at any time.
Am I eligible to apply?
To apply for in-person work experience, you must:
- Have completed Forecasting Your Future, the Met Office virtual work experience programme.
- Be in one of the following academic year groups at the time of the placement:
- England and Wales - Year 10, Year 11, Year 12 or Year 13 (up to 31 August)
- Northern Ireland - Year 11, Year 12, Year 13 or Year 14 (up to 31 August)
- Scotland - S3, S4, S5 or S6 (up to 31 August)
- Be studying in the UK (either in formal education or being home-schooled)
Applying for in-person work experience.
Each of the work experience opportunities listed below will link through to further details and an application form. The application procedure is similar to that which you would follow if you were applying for a job at the Met Office, so it is good practice for the future too!
As part of your application, you will need to submit all the work-based assignments you completed during the online programme. So, please make sure you have downloaded these ready to attach them.
Guidelines to help you with your application can be found here (PDF, 158.23 KB)
A schedule of in-person work experience opportunities is being planned at the moment. We expect to publish the first of these in March 2024.