We're working to make this site accessible for all. This page currently has an accessible alternative.
UK weather warnings
Find a forecast
Please choose your location from the nearest places to :
Yellow weather warning
Warning details for UK
Dense fog patches likely to lead to some travel disruption.
What to expect
- Slower journey times with delays to bus and train services possible
- There is a chance of delays or cancellations to flights
Fog over parts of the south-west Midlands and West Country will thicken up during Sunday evening, whilst some dense fog patches are also expected to form early evening across south-west England and South Wales. The visibility will reduce to 50-100 m in places. Fog should start to thin on lower ground by the end of the night.
Warning impact matrix
Regions and local authorities affected:
- Bath and North East Somerset
- Bournemouth Christchurch and Poole
- North Somerset
- South Gloucestershire
- Neath Port Talbot
- Rhondda Cynon Taf
- Vale of Glamorgan
What do the warning colours mean?
- Dangerous weather is expected and, if you have not done so already, you should take action now to keep yourself and others safe from the impact of the severe weather.
- It is very likely that there will be a risk to life, with substantial disruption to travel, energy supplies and possibly widespread damage to property and infrastructure.
- There is an increased likelihood of impacts from severe weather, which could potentially disrupt your plans.
- This means there is the possibility of travel delays, road and rail closures, power cuts and the potential risk to life and property.
- Yellow warnings can be issued for a range of weather situations.
- It is important to read the content of yellow warnings to determine which weather situation is being covered by the warning.