Met Office weather app
The latest weather forecasts from the Met Office are available in the palm of your hand with our weather app.
The Met Office weather app gives you world-leading weather forecasts direct from the Met Office. Know what the weather will do with the most accurate forecasts and local weather coverage from 1 hour to 7 days ahead.
- Find out where, when and how much rain will fall with the interactive rainfall radar map for the next 24 hours and past 6 hours.
- Check real time UK National Severe Weather Warnings with the interactive warnings map for your UK saved locations and the rest of the UK
- Receive weather alerts for the latest official UK National Severe Weather Warnings for your saved locations as soon as warnings are issued – including snow, strong winds, ice, fog and rain forecasts.
- Get the most up-to-date and accurate global weather forecast information available for the next seven days.
- Personalise your forecasts and see how the weather could affect your day by saving multiple locations.
- View both daily and hourly forecasts for your favourite locations.
- Watch the latest TV weather forecasts, updated four times a day Monday to Friday, and three times a day at the weekend.
- Share the forecast with friends and family directly from the app.
- View in either portrait or landscape format.
Personal, accurate forecasts including:
- Interactive UK rainfall radar map including both 24 hour forecast and 6 hour radar observations
- Interactive UK National Severe Weather Warnings map
- UK surface pressure map
- Probability of precipitation (rain, sleet, snow, hail, and drizzle)
- Actual temperature and ‘feels like’ temperature
- Official Met Office National Severe Weather Warnings
- UK national weather forecast video
- Wind speed, direction and gusts
- Sunrise and sunset times
- Pollen and air pollution forecasts
- Pollen push notifications (from March to September)
- Local weather forecasts for unlimited locations
- The ability to change your unit settings for temperature and wind speed
- UV Index, visibility, humidity and pressure
If you have any suggestions for our app we'd love to hear them, you can contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
The app is designed to work on iOS 10, 11 and 12 and on Android 6.0 and above.
It is ad-supported but includes a £2.99 in-app purchase to remove all advertising.
Please be aware that if you have paid to remove advertising on the old Met Office app, you may be able to obtain a refund. Please see our FAQs for more information.
What's new in version 1.37.0 iOS release?
This release includes:
- Increasing the number of timesteps shown when the display is in landscape mode.
- Various small bug fixes.
- Current location rebamed as 'Current Location'.
- Standardising the font used across the whole app.
What's new in version 1.36.0 (iOS only release)?
This release includes:
- Changing the detailed forecast screen so that the wind table scrolls in line with the forecast table.
- Applying minor bug fixes relating to the 'save image' share option on iOS 13 devices, the font for "View full forecast" and the precipitation section.
- Removing iOS 10 support from the weather app.
- Activating an in app survey.
What's new in version 1.35.0 Android release?
This release includes some minor bug fixes and background building tools.
What's new in version 1.34.0 release (Android only)?
This release includes analytics updates, updating our font to use FS Emeric and applies a minor bug fix.
What's new in version 1.33.0 release (Android only)?
This release introduces a Snapshot redesign, improving the view of the forecast on the home screen, and applies a minor bug fix.
What's new in version 1.32.0 release (Android only)?
This release includes a Snapshot redesign and a bug fix relating to rainfall overlay location pins.
What's new in version i0S 1.35.0 and Android 1.32.0 release?
This release introduces the new Autumn background image and applies some minor bug fixes.
iOS 1.35.0 only also introduces some accessibility improvements and a Snapshot redesign.
What's new in version 1.31.0 (Android only release)?
This release adds warning triangles to the warnings map layer thumbwheel, makes improvements to the surface pressure map and applies some minor bug fixes.
What's new in version 1.34.0 (iOS only release)?
This release makes accessibility improvements, improvements to the surface pressure map and applies some minor bug fixes and upgrades.
If you have any questions or comments about the service, or you are experiencing any problems, please contact us.
Terms and conditions
The use of this service is subject to Met Office legal terms and conditions.