Met Office weather app
The latest weather forecasts from the Met Office are available in the palm of your hand with our weather app.
The Met Office weather app gives you world-leading weather forecasts direct from the Met Office. Know what the weather will do with the most accurate forecasts and local weather coverage from 1 hour to 7 days ahead.
- Find out where, when and how much rain will fall with the interactive rainfall radar map for the next 24 hours and past 6 hours.
- Check real time UK National Severe Weather Warnings with the interactive warnings map for your UK saved locations and the rest of the UK
- Receive weather alerts for the latest official UK National Severe Weather Warnings for your saved locations as soon as warnings are issued – including snow, strong winds, ice, fog and rain forecasts.
- Get the most up-to-date and accurate global weather forecast information available for the next seven days.
- Personalise your forecasts and see how the weather could affect your day by saving multiple locations.
- View both daily and hourly forecasts for your favourite locations.
- Watch the latest TV weather forecasts, updated four times a day Monday to Friday, and three times a day at the weekend.
- Share the forecast with friends and family directly from the app.
- View in either portrait or landscape format.
Personal, accurate forecasts including:
- Interactive UK rainfall radar map including both 24 hour forecast and 6 hour radar observations
- Interactive UK National Severe Weather Warnings map
- UK surface pressure map
- Probability of precipitation (rain, sleet, snow, hail, and drizzle)
- Actual temperature and ‘feels like’ temperature
- Official Met Office National Severe Weather Warnings
- UK national weather forecast video
- Wind speed, direction and gusts
- Sunrise and sunset times
- Pollen and air pollution forecasts
- Pollen push notifications (from March to September)
- Local weather forecasts for unlimited locations
- The ability to change your unit settings for temperature and wind speed
- UV Index, visibility, humidity and pressure
If you have any suggestions for our app we'd love to hear them, you can contact us here: email@example.com
The app is designed to work on iOS 10, 11 and 12 and on Android 6.0 and above.
It is ad-supported but includes a £2.99 in-app purchase to remove all advertising.
Please be aware that if you have paid to remove advertising on the old Met Office app, you may be able to obtain a refund. Please see our FAQs for more information.
What’s new in version 1.30.1 (Android only release)
Minor bug fixes to improve the visualisation of surface pressure and rainfall map layers.
What's new in version 1.32.0 (iOS only release)?
Minor bug fixes.
What's new in version 1.31.0 (iOS only release) and 1.29.0 (Android only release)?
The image has been updated with our new summer picture.
What's new in version 1.30.0 (iOS only release)?
The mapping solution used in the app has been replaced in this release. There should be no impact on users.
What’s new in version 1.30.0? (Android only release)?
This release introduces a new mapping system although users should not see any noticeable change.
What's new in version 1.29.0 (iOS only release)
This release removes support for the iOS 9 operating system. The app will still be useable on iOS 9, however users will not be able to update to the latest versions of the app.
If you have any questions or comments about the service, or you are experiencing any problems, please contact us.
Terms and conditions
The use of this service is subject to Met Office legal terms and conditions.