Clouds in the real world form in warm, moist air. You can make something similar happen using things you can find around your home.
What you will need:
- A clear glass or similar see-through container
- Warm water
- Metal or foil dish
What to do:
- Place the ice into the metal dish.
- Pour a small amount of warm water into the bottom of the glass.
- Wait until the dish is really cold. Then place it on top of the glass.
- Watch the inside carefully. You should see a 'cloud' form near the top of the glass.
In the real world, clouds form when warm, moist air, like that in your glass, is cooled (your ice). When it is cooled it condenses into tiny water droplets, which appear as clouds.