Make a windmill
Wind is used to power things, you might see large windmills in the countryside.
What you will need:
- Download our Windmill template
- Colouring pens
- Pencil or knitting needle
- Blu-Tack (or similar)
- A paper fastener
- A small bead that can go through the paper fastener
- A cardboard tube (from kitchen towels would be ideal)
What to do:
(you might need some adult help)
- Print the windmill template and cut it out along the dotted lines.
- Decorate with colourful patterns.
- Put the lump of Blu-Tack under a little circle where you need to make a hole.
- Use a pencil or knitting needle to make a hole. You need to make five holes, as shown on the template.
- Fold towards the centre and push a paper fastener through all five holes.
- Thread a small bead on the back of the paper fastener.
- Make a hole near the top of your cardboard tube.
- Push the paper fastener in the hole and fold the ends back to stop it from coming out again.
You can decorate the cardboard tube to make it more colourful.