Our lesson plans and supporting resources cover six key themes that bring learning to life.
This content can be used to explore concepts in climate change and weather in more depth. It may be most suitable for 11-14 year olds or as extension content for younger students to build on the concepts.
Explore and download our resources:
- Forecasting and prediction - get to grips with the subjects at the heart of weather forecasting and climate prediction
- Extreme weather - find out about extreme weather around the world and its impacts
- Climate change - our climate is changing. These resources can be used to discover more about the causes and impacts of climate change, and explore what can be done to help
- Weather and climate stories - discover who's most vulnerable to the impacts of severe weather and the people who help communities stay safe
- Technology and innovation in weather - find out how technology and innnovation influence weather forecasting, climate prediction, and crucially, how they're communicated
- People in weather and climate - bringing to life the work of the Met Office, and other roles influenced by weather and climate
To support learning, we've also produced bitesize, hands-on activities to use in the classroom or do at home during the holidays, alongside a wide variety of other resources designed for young people.