UK weather warnings
Warning details for UK
yellow warning, fog from Today (UTC) to Today (UTC)
Regions and local authorities affected:
Freezing fog patches causing some travel disruption.
What to expect
- Slower journey times with delays to bus and train services possible
- There is a chance of delays or cancellations to flights
Freezing fog patches affecting some areas. Not everywhere will see fog, but there are some dense patches with visibility as less than 100 metres in some spots. Fog patches will be slow to clear and may last into the afternoon in a few places though visibilities should gradually improve during the morning.
Warning impact matrix
This warning has a medium likelihood and a low impact.
What do the warning colours mean?
- Dangerous weather is expected and, if you have not done so already, you should take action now to keep yourself and others safe from the impact of the severe weather.
- It is very likely that there will be a risk to life, with substantial disruption to travel, energy supplies and possibly widespread damage to property and infrastructure.
- There is an increased likelihood of impacts from severe weather, which could potentially disrupt your plans.
- This means there is the possibility of travel delays, road and rail closures, power cuts and the potential risk to life and property.
- Yellow warnings can be issued for a range of weather situations.
- It is important to read the content of yellow warnings to determine which weather situation is being covered by the warning.