We're working to make this site accessible for all. This page currently has an accessible alternative.
UK weather warnings
Find a forecast
Please choose your location from the nearest places to :
Yellow weather warning
Warning details for UK
Heavy rain is likely to lead to some local flooding .
What to expect
- Flooding of a few homes and businesses is possible
- Bus and train services probably affected with journey times taking longer
- Spray and flooding on roads probably making journey times longer
Further rain is expected through Wednesday afternoon and overnight into Thursday with some heavy bursts at times. 10-20 mm is likely widely but 30-40 mm can be expected in a few locations. Some of this will fall in a short period, causing localised flooding. The rain will slowly ease on Thursday morning.
Warning impact matrix
Regions and local authorities affected:
What do the warning colours mean?
- Dangerous weather is expected and, if you have not done so already, you should take action now to keep yourself and others safe from the impact of the severe weather.
- It is very likely that there will be a risk to life, with substantial disruption to travel, energy supplies and possibly widespread damage to property and infrastructure.
- There is an increased likelihood of impacts from severe weather, which could potentially disrupt your plans.
- This means there is the possibility of travel delays, road and rail closures, power cuts and the potential risk to life and property.
- Yellow warnings can be issued for a range of weather situations.
- It is important to read the content of yellow warnings to determine which weather situation is being covered by the warning.