This page has an accessible alternative.
UK weather warnings
Find a forecast
Please choose your location from the nearest places to :
Yellow weather warning
Warning details for UK
Fog patches causing difficult driving conditions and perhaps some travel disruption.
What to expect
- Slower journey times with delays to bus and train services possible
- There is a chance of delays or cancellations to flights
Reason for update
The warning area has been expanded, notably to cover more of southeast England and East Anglia.
Not everywhere will experience fog, but where fog patches do develop, they are likely to become dense in some places with visibility less than 100 metres, and perhaps less than 50 metres in a few spots. The fog will slowly thin towards late morning but may persist into the afternoon in some areas.
Warning impact matrix
Regions and local authorities affected:
- Central Bedfordshire
- Bracknell Forest
- Greater London
- Milton Keynes
- West Berkshire
- Windsor and Maidenhead
- Bath and North East Somerset
- Bournemouth Christchurch and Poole
- North Somerset
- South Gloucestershire
- Blaenau Gwent
- Merthyr Tydfil
- Rhondda Cynon Taf
- Vale of Glamorgan
What do the warning colours mean?
- Dangerous weather is expected and, if you have not done so already, you should take action now to keep yourself and others safe from the impact of the severe weather.
- It is very likely that there will be a risk to life, with substantial disruption to travel, energy supplies and possibly widespread damage to property and infrastructure.
- There is an increased likelihood of impacts from severe weather, which could potentially disrupt your plans.
- This means there is the possibility of travel delays, road and rail closures, power cuts and the potential risk to life and property.
- Yellow warnings can be issued for a range of weather situations.
- It is important to read the content of yellow warnings to determine which weather situation is being covered by the warning.